The Luxury Gommaire Teak Protector is key in keeping your brand new luxury teak Gommaire furniture looking beautiful for many years to come.
- Before using the Teak Protector, eye protection and rubber gloves should be worn.
- Cover the ground under your work area before starting.
Instructions for use
- NEW TEAK: First clean with a cleaner to remove some of the natural teak oils (or weather for 2 weeks outside before treatment)
- Before using the Teak Protector on dark grey teak, clean the teak with a teak cleaner, which can be found here – https://luxury-outdoor-living.co.uk/product/gommaire-teak-cleaner/ – If cleaned teak feels rough, sand lightly before treating with Teak Protector.
- Make sure teak is 100% dry and free of dust.
- Shake before at least one minute before use. Apply a thin layer of Teak Protector with a soft cloth or paintbrush
- Allow to dry for one hour and then apply a second thin coat of Teak Protector. Let the teak dry for 48 hours before exposure to moisture.
It is recommended that you treat your teak furniture once a year with Teak Protector. Teak tabletops should be treated more often.
A message from the manufactures:
“Dining tables and coffee tables are indispensable in each outdoor space or terrace. The Gommaire outdoor tables are solid pieces of furniture and have a contemporary design. All of them are assembled in our own atelier and carefully finished.
All outdoor tables are made from solid (reclaimed) teak wood and teak root structures. The wood has not been protected against staining or colour changing/weathering. Wood is a natural material with differences in structure as well as colour. Solid wood is sensitive to large differences in air humidity and temperature. Hence we recommend to keep both factors as stable as possible. Solid wood products work; fluctuations in temperature and humidity makes the wood move and/or cracks can occur. However, the appearance of a crack is in accordance to Gommaire philosophy.
Teak wood becomes more beautiful when exposed to daylight. Every wood species has its own colour changing and patina. That makes the wood so unique and nice! Our natural teak wood will get a weathered look when exposed outside. Care and use instructions will be provided upon request. Our teak wood can always be treatened with the Gommaire teak protector and cleaned with the Gommaire teak cleaner.
The collection has its standard sizes. Although we give the opportunity to our customers to customize tables. For customized furniture the possibilities in size and design will be reviewed accordingly to your request.”